29.7.15

The Wizarding World of the KRH

My love of Harry Potter is no secret, so it will come as no surprise that when Mr AN handed me my letter to Hogwarts I may have done a little happy dance and screamed a little loudly. I knew Dumbledore hadn't forgotten me! 





We donned our robes/ spider suits/ phoenix wings and round moon-shaped glasses and hopped on the Hogwarts express to show the wizarding world how to throw a party.



Not a bad turn out for a few muggles! 

Everybody was present, including the giant squid from the lake and the Whomping Willow. It is always  sign of a great party when Dobby is dancing with Voldemort and when Moaning Mrytle is kissing a unicorn. 


We entered through platform 9 and 3/4 into Diagon Alley and stopped in at the Three Broomsticks for a quick butterbeer before disappearing into the Great Hall for dinner. 




My heart literally stopped beating for a second when I walked into the hall and saw the four long tables piled high with flagons of wine and platters of food. I looked up and saw that the ceiling did indeed reflect the night sky and was adorned with thousands of floating candles. The result and attention to detail was truly mesmerising. 



After feasting on steak and lobster, salmon and prawns we had a little room for the dessert platter and a couple of pesky chocolate frogs. 

The start of term feast over, we headed through the forbidden forest and on to the Quidditch pitch for a good old knees-up. The band were amazing and kept everyone dancing until the sun started to rise, when we all headed into the Gryffindor common room. 





No words can describe how much fun I had escaping to the wizarding world and meeting some of my favourite characters. 

All too soon it was over and I woke up in a sadly all too familiar muggle hungover-state with a little streak of glitter on my cheek. 




Thanks VN for letting me steal your photos! 

Thanks AN for a wonderful night and to VN, HW, MB, CS and TR for being the best company. 

Mood - magic 

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for all your messages, I really appreciate each and every one! B x