1.4.13

The Happy Recipe


I have not been feeling my bright and happy self this week and spent Sunday in my pyjamas, eating patisseries and snuggled up in bed feeling very sorry for myself. Sometimes things happen that really knock you back and make you think you will feel horrible forever. However, when moments are at their blackest there is always, always light at the end of the tunnel. Although this week was definitely a low point in my life it has also, ironically, been a highlight. In case I didn’t realise how amazingly wonderful my friends are, I certainly do now. Never have I appreciated long skype chats late into the night and cute little text messages throughout the day so much. You are all marvellous and you have all been my little silver linings that have reminded me how blessed and priviledged I am to count you as mes amies.

Here is my recipe for putting a smile back on your face in Paris (thanks to a little help from my friends).

Step 1, take one fellow foodie friend and dine at Les Cocottes, one of Christian Constants world renowned restaurants on 135 Rue Saint Dominique.


The simple “cocottes” come bursting full of flavour and interesting textures and the desserts are simply to die for. I tried the plat du jour which was the lightest and most delicious piece of fish I have ever tasted, drizzled in a rich, fully bodied sauce. My gorgeous date NO tried the Pavé de cabillaud laqué au miel, gingembre, fenouil et carotte à la coriandre and was also spoilt with a fantastically delicious meal. Simple elegance at its best and a must do for anyone needed a great evening out in Paris.






Step 2) Start your weekend (or Thursday night) with a trip to Prescription, the tucked away and effortlessly chic bar in the 6th arrondissement which is filled to the brim with intelligent and beautiful people. I was told about Prescription by the “queen of bars” herself, miss SAPG, all I can say is thank you, for introducing me to expertly mixed unique cocktails that are streets ahead of your standard cosmopolitan.



Step 3) Escape the hustle and bustle of the big city and all its noise by visiting a picture-perfect French village outside of Paris. Throw in a glass of wine and a long-needed catch up with cheeky little Irish girl and your evening is complete.

Step 4) Hope on a plane and indulge in a week of family time. Enjoy home cooked food, your own cosy bed, cuddles with your kitten and a few drinks in the pub with your old friends. Perfect.

There is nothing like a cocktail with a great friend, laughing the night away in an uber-hipster bar that is so achingly cool that it almost hurts. Nothing beats indulging in an exquisitely prepared meal by a Michelin starred chef. Nothing tops sharing a freshly baked patisserie with one of the few people that manages to make you cry with laughter when all you feel like doing is crying. 


But most of all, nothing beats living in Paris.

Mood- Happier
Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. You always make me smile :D
    Love you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your messages, I really appreciate each and every one! B x