21.4.13

Vintage fashion and Falafel

One of my favourite things to do at the weekend is to spend the day with a great friend just wondering around the streets of Paris. Most people know that I am a planner, I like to know what I am doing and when, however recently the city has had a calming affect on me and I have embraced the need for spontaneity. Sometimes I enjoy following my mood and seeing where the day takes me and usually it take me somewhere amazing. This is exactly what happened recently when N and I hit the Marais for a Sunday stroll, which turned out to include a vintage fair, falafel and even a few too many cocktails. 

Starting out at the Salon du Vintage in the Marais we wandered leisurely between the stalls admiring Dior handbags, Chanel pearls and luxurious fur coats. The fashionistas swarmed like bees to a honey pot around suitcases filled with vintage silk scarves and clamoured around soft leather handbags in fifty shades of tan. I love that each piece of clothing has a unique history to it, from its previous owner that is handed down to the next, making each garment a legacy. So different to picking up a dress from the high street that is owned by everyone, vintage brings with it a sense of exclusivity and uniqueness. 





After several hours browsing designer dresses and rummaging we headed towards St Paul for a falafel fix, the kind that can only sorted with a pita packed full of juicy aubergine and thick humous. Paris and the Marais are famous for its falafel stands and every day a queue can be seen down the street of hungry foodies waiting for their fill. It is only natural that as a Jewish area the Marais has become infamous for its incredible street food and lively atmosphere and I couldn't wait to get involved. 

We decided to eat in the restaurant and we were glad we did because we were swiftly served with pitas bursting to the seams with delicious flavours and contrasting textures. Falafel is a cheap and tasty meal that fils you up for hours, especially as we munched our way through pitas so big that they burst open, revealing their delicious inner glory. L'as du Fallafel is THE place to go, always packed out but quick service and fantastic food are definitely worth the wait in my book!




Of course we had to end the day with a refreshing cocktail in the 6th, sitting out on the pavement watching the world go by and the hustle and bustle of the city as it prepared for evening. 



Food, fashion and cocktails, a perfect weekend!

Mood- eager for more




Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for all your messages, I really appreciate each and every one! B x