24.11.13

The Blitz Ball

Last week the beautiful IL and I got all dolled up and put on our glad-rags for a fun filled evening of war-time frivolity. The blitz ball is an annual event at my university and it is one of my favourite nights of the entire year! I love that everybody puts so much effort into looking the part, with vintage dresses, fur coats, rouged lips and carefully rolled hair. NT was wonderful and helped us to roll our hair with the classic victory rolls donned by all the best 1940's pin-up girls.



Hair prepped, lipstick applied we rushed off to find a few handsome soldiers. There is nothing quite like a man in uniform to send a girl's heart a flutter, on that I think we can all agree. 



The great hall was decked out with union jack bunting, war time posters and other war-time treats to really set the scene. The highlight of the night was undoubtedly the incredible band who played for hours and really got people onto the dance floor. We had a fabulous time dancing the night away, largely helped by the fact that the drinks were not rationed! The night ended with a rousing chorus of Jerusalem until soldiers, sailors, land girls and air-raid wardens rushed off into the night and back to the present. 




I am more than upset that this was my last blitz ball but I have a sneaky suspicion that I might pop back next year! 



Mood - reminiscent 


Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for all your messages, I really appreciate each and every one! B x