21.7.14

Color Run

As part of my birthday list of 23 things to do while I am 23 I wanted to run 5k. I am aware that for most people 5k is something easily achieved and possibly even a laughable aim, however for me running, whatever the distance, is no mean feat! It is not that I am unfit, I actually love exercising and do lots of dance, but running is largely a mental challenge for me as I am unable to motivate my body to want to run. So, 5k it is, neither too long that I would never achieve it, not too short that it would be easily completed. That said, I wanted to make sure that it would be as pain free an experience as possible, so I recruited a couple of eager friends and signed up for the Color Run in London. 

A few weeks ago we donned our fetching white T.shirts and sweat bands and headed to the city reading to be turned into little running rainbows. We soon found ourself in a crowd of fellow runners heading towards the Wembley park, which I was very excited to see for the first time! 




After warming ourselves up with a little pre-run zumba (despite it being a really, really hot day) we headed to the start line ready to run. Suspense was building as we waited and waited for runners to be sent off in bursts and then the music became louder, the crowd was pulsing and the loud speaker counted us down as we crossed the start line. 




We didn't run fast but rather took the time to enjoy the experience, high-fiving other runners and singing along to the blasting music. At each of the colour points we stopped for a photo having been blasted with coloured powder! 


First up was pink:


Then blue: 


Followed by yellow: 


and finally orange, where jumping photos became obligatory: 





We crossed the finish line together, hands flung in the air in celebration as we were handed a packet of purple powder just to make sure we had been coloured from head to toe. The party was already jumping by the stage as the arena park became a multi-coloured dance floor amidst a puffy coloured haze. 





We jumped and danced until our feet hurt before heading to the tube and home to a shower.....needless to say we attracted a few strange looks!



My first 5k was an incredible experience and definitely was the happiest 5k on the planet! I think I may even be temped to do another one! 




Thanks JJ, NO, ST and MW for joining in on another one of my crazy, messy plans! And extra love to MW and NO for letting me steal your photos :) 

Mood - colourful! 



Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for all your messages, I really appreciate each and every one! B x