12.3.13

A snowy commute

Its snowing, again.....it's March! Why is this happening? Only last week I was packing away my mittens and investing in strawberries and now I am back to shivering. It has now been snowing for 24 hours and my walk to work this morning was cold, damp and unpleasant. I then faced a massive queue for the metro, and unlike they English, the French do not form an orderly line. OH NO, they push, they shove, they grab, they take a running jump and launch themselves into a packed metro and then take out their newspaper to read right in your face. I was not a happy bunny. 

My day was greatly improved with a long coffee-break and catch-up with the beautiful IL, who bravely faced the elements and battled the metro to come and see me at work. Thanks I, you are the best!


Such beauties! 

I find it incredibly calming being inside, quietly working away whilst watching the snowflakes flurry and fall outside from the windows of the office. Today I didn't want to leave my nice warm and cosy desk to venture into the cold, but seeing the wonderful IS made it totally worth it. Two friend dates in one day, I am a lucky girl to have such wonderful girlies in my life.

I could not face taking the metro home so decided to walk the last bit, and despite frost-bitten fingers and frozen solid toes, it turned out to be one of the most beautiful and special walks around Paris I have ever been on. The sidewalks were empty, the snow was untouched and the warm glow of the Eiffel tower was a beacon of light welcoming me home. 

Of course I couldn't resist taking a few pictures.








At moments like this I remember how lucky I am to live in such an incredible and inspiring place, I cant help but feel happy when I walk around such beautiful places with beautiful people

Mood - Warmed

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for all your messages, I really appreciate each and every one! B x