8.3.15

Birthday, boarding and beaches

I love a good birthday bash, even more so when it involves skiing, beachy walks and a giant brownie cake. Last weekend AN and I packed up the car and headed off to Suffolk for an early birthday weekend. One day we will actually get to spend our actual birthday with each other, but until that day I am more than happy to extend birthdays to fill multiple weekends. And the sun was even shining! 


After a lovely long lie-in and a delicious brunch of healthy (yes, healthy) pancakes, thanks to MN, we headed out to les Alpes d'Ipswich for a spot of dry slop skiing. 



We had such a great time whizzing over bumps and trying not to crash. I found it so much harder to ski on a dry slope, which made the whole experience even funnier. 


After an afternoon's skiing we headed out for dinner at the East Coast Diner in Woodbridge and may have over-estimated our eating abilities. After giant Oreo milkshakes, a plate stacked high with cheesy nachos and huge burgers with a mountain of fries, we found ourselves too defeated to look at the dessert menu. I also failed to take pictures the whole weekend, so I am very grateful to MN for letting me pinch hers. She also happens to be a much better photographer than me....

Having skied on the Saturday, we felt like a complete change of scenery and headed to Aldeburgh beach for a sunny but windy walk along the sea. Mabel loved splashing around in the surf and was just having THE best time. 












We rounded the weekend off with a giant birthday cake and candles, made by Mama Nicholson and plenty of smiles! 


I'm pretty sure these faces indicate that AN had a pretty good (early) birthday. 





Mood - Celebratory 


Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for all your messages, I really appreciate each and every one! B x