3.2.13

Le Ski - Day 3

So food is always a highlight for me and today was no exception. Even in the mountains delicious food can be found and I was lucky enough to enjoy a beautiful lunch in one of the most incredible lunch spots ever. Nestled deep within the valley of the Grand Massif, only accessible by one long ski run is a the Lac de Gers mountain refuge. The little chalet, built on the side of a frozen lake, can only be accessed by skidoo or helicopter and therefore is possibly one of the most untouched and peaceful places that I have ever visited. The food is to die for, the lamp chops are home-reared from mountain spring pastures and the steaks are as big as any I have ever seen. But, the dessert is what its really about. Each day a freshly baked dessert is available and oh my goodness are they incredible. We were treated to raspberry tart and chocolate pudding with meringue and melted salted-caramel sauce. What a way to round of a fantastic few days in the mountains. 










Mood- Hungry for more! 

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for all your messages, I really appreciate each and every one! B x