17.2.13

Reflections on Paris as the "City of Love" and on beauty in general: An Anniversary Poem

I have to share this incredible poem that was written for me by the very talented OC. 


You said Paris was beautiful, and moved there one September,
And from my visits there are many sights that i'll remember.
Though through its arrondissements, I could forever roam, 
I don't believe it's really special when it's on its own.

"The padlock bridge is sweet", they say. I have to disagree,
'cause every loving couple's padlock only takes one key.
The Eiffel Tower's wonderful, but how alone it stands.
The Mona Lisa's painted well but she's holding her own hands. 

And sure it looks sublime, when the sun shines off the Seine,
But it isn't as appealing when its filling up with rain
'Cause real beauty doesn't change, or hinge upon the weather,
And two things that look nice will look better when together.
If three's the magic number, then the beauty number's two,
And you never look as beautiful as when I'm in love with you.


I never usually share things like this and i'm the first person to curse others who do, however this boy's talents need to be shared. What is Paris doing to me??





Mood - Changed




Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for all your messages, I really appreciate each and every one! B x