9.12.13

23 - an update

On my 23rd birthday I posted about 23 things I wanted to accomplish this year and today marks the first quarter of the year! I though it would be good to have a check back and to see how I am doing with my goals. 


23 things to do while im 23!

1) Read 23 books

Read: 
- "This way for gas Ladies and Gentlemen" - Tadeusz Borowski- "The Kill/ La Curee"- Emile Zola - "Into that Darkness" - Gitta Sereny

Currently reading: 
- "The Husband's Secret" - Liane Moriarty

Next up: 
- The Book Thief (again- in preparation for the film) - Sherlock Holmes - The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes 
 
2) Visit 4 new places

- Visited Bath with my favourite girlies, you can read about it here- I was in Morocco for my birthday, but seeing as I was already there I am not counting it as a new place! - Next trip - Singapore

3) Get a haircut that differs from the usual

- Not achieved....yet, although I did try a new hairstyle for the Blitz Ball, maybe that counts? 

4) Get a degree

- Working progress 

5) Do something that scares me

- I thought long and hard about this one and I have come up with two possibilities. As the idea of singing in public completely horrifies me, karaoke could be the way forward, or maybe I could conquer my fear of needles and give blood? 

6) Find a lipstick colour that suits me

- I think I have it sorted, thanks to NT's help, but I will find a picture for the next update!  7) Learn some Spanish

- Again, working progress

8) Learn how to shoot in manual with the camera

- See above, although I have been getting to grips with Istagram which has been a new challenge for me! (Follow me on bethanyscthomas)

9) Host a dinner party

- I have not hosted a dinner party but tomorrow night I am hosting a mince pie and mulled wine christmas party, so maybe that counts? 

10) Watch less trash television

- It is hard to tell but I think I have reduced the time I spend watching rubbish. I could go further with this one though! 

11) Set up a linked in profile and use it!

- This WILL happen soon, I am sure of it 

12) Make a proper Christmas cake

- Plans are in progress for the next few weeks. I have been hindered with a lack of a kitchen at university so as soon as I am back home I will be invading Mama T's kitchen!

13) Finish a knitting project

- Have yet to start let alone finish a knitting project. However, I do have in mind a certain something for a little secret santa present. 

14) Run 5k

- ERM....moving on 

16) Have my first massage

- Sadly no, it's on my Christmas list! 

17) Redesign my blog

- I have not been able to completely re-do my blog, but I have changed some of the colours....crazy I know! I have also added my Instagram feed to my sidebar, I am nothing if not radical! 

18) Wear yellow, at least once

- I feel this jumper is as far as I can go on the yellow front! 



19) Make far too much effort on a dressing up costume

- As yet not achieved, however I did don a cheeky sailor outfit for a recent dance performance, does this count? (Thanks to EB for the photo) 


20) Try a new style of dance (twerking not included)

- Yes yes yes!! I have tried not only hip hop but also belly dance! This is me and JJ before our first every belly dancing class as proof! 



21) Bake homemade bread

- Not yet! 

22) Attend a Ted talk

- Not yet! 

23) See the sunrise

- I feel this should happen at New Year!
 
Mood - Optimistic! 
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for all your messages, I really appreciate each and every one! B x