11.12.13

Pre-Christmas festivities!

Finally the time has come to deck the halls, get merry and bright and to rock around the christmas tree! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Christmas, it is the most wonderful time of the year, truly. I have been secretly listening to Christmas music since November, googling scarfs and jumpers since September and researching mince pie recipes for far, far too long. I can now finally share my Christmas joy and excitement with the rest of the world because now is an "accepted" time to do so, until December I have to a member of Christmas anonymous and hide my festive-feelings from everyone for risk of being judged. Despite advent calendars and christmas music the rest of my preparations had been put on hold until this week because of the dreaded D-word.....deadlines! After handing in my final essay (for a few joyous weeks) I practically skipped off to meet Dasher and Rudolf.





No I am not joking, Dasher and Rudolf really did come and visit us, they loved posing for the army of student paparazzi and of course were more than happy to deliver whispered christmas messages to Father Christmas. Let me tell you, there is no better way to get into the festive mood than to spend some time with the reindeer.



Fun fact - Reindeer have velvety ears that are super-soft to stroke, not scary at all!



That evening I decided to invite some friends over for a mince pie or two.....or five and some mulled wine. We had a great time ending the term in style, making paper snowflakes and spreading Christmas cheer by singing loud for all to hear.













A week or so ago I was cursing my degree, counting the minutes until I could escape uni and the dreaded fun-sucker that is the library. But now, I feel rather sad to leave, especially having to say goodbye to the girls for a whole month!!!



Mood - feeling well and truly "Christmassy



Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for all your messages, I really appreciate each and every one! B x