24.12.13

T'was the week before Christmas

Well nothing quite kills the Christmas mood like essays, but now that they are out of the way there is nothing for me to do but to party! I had the most wonderful time last week catching up with old friends, meeting new ones and really enjoying having time to catch up with my nearest and dearest. It makes me wonder why it is often only Christmas that we make this special time for people, why are we not better at finding time for people all year round? 

My week started with an action-packed trip to London with AN and included a wander around the Tate gallery. I have not been to the Tate for years and I loved seeing all the weird and eccentric pieces of art.  The cafe in the Tate is definitely worth a visit because of the floor-to-ceiling glass windows that allow for an excellent view of the river, St Paul's and the London city-scape, I couldn't resist snapping a few photos!





After a spot of culture what better but afternoon tea? Dalston Junction may seem like a small expedition to get to but let me tell you, the Other Cafe is worth every minute stuck on the tube. Walking into the Other Cafe is a little like falling down the rabbit hole and being transported to a crazy-mixed up world where nothing is as it seems and yet everything fits together perfectly. AN an I opted for afternoon tea and we were served a large plate of sandwiches, huge freshly-made scones and three-tiers of cake! Yes, three tiers! I was a very, very happy girl! 


 (Photo taken from the Other Cafe website) 




After walking off all the cake I had consumed I met up with the ever-wonderful JJ to go to the ballet. There is nothing quite like seeing the Nutcracker to get you into the festive mood, the music is so perfect and wonderful and the dancing literally transports you to a magical, exotic world. From the moment the orchestra stuck up their first note I had goosebumps which lasted the whole ballet, I might even have teared up at several parts. Thank you JJ for organising the trip, it really was magical! 






A couple of days later I was back in London again, this time with JT to attend the Albert Hall Christmas Carol Sing-along. It has been almost ten years since I was last at the Albert Hall and in fact the last time I was there I was dancing, so it made a lovely change to just be able to sit back and enjoy the show. From start to finish we sang our little hearts out and it was just incredible to be part of thousands of people singing Christmas carols and filling the hall with noise! A wonderful way to kick Christmas off in style. 





I cannot believe it is Christmas eve already, where has the time gone? I have butterflies of excitement for tomorrow but I am going to try and enjoy the day, filled with preparations, family and festivities!

Mood- well and truly Christmassy! 
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for all your messages, I really appreciate each and every one! B x