8.8.13

Ladies night!

My time in the city of light is coming to an end and I am feeling very, very sad about it. Everyday I wake up and another day has ticked by, much to my dismay. I have been using my final few weeks to really make the most of the city, seeing the things I need to see and soaking up the last little bit of Parisian atmosphere. It has also been important that I manage to see every wonderful person that I have met here, to say goodbye and to make a few last memories. This weekend we decided to organise ladies night as a final get-together as well as the perfect excuse to visit a few more bars before I left.

SAPG, JW and I headed out, starting at Le Mary Celeste for a quick bite to eat and some cocktails. The menu changes daily in order to incorporate fresh and seasonal products as well as the chef's mood. We were treated to ricotta and potato biscotti, a big plate of beef nachos and an asian crepe. Everything was delicious and very original. But, the cocktails are what it's all about! The menu changes seasonally and we carefully selected the best fruity summer cocktails. Due to the quantity of cocktails we, erm, sampled, I cannot remember the names of the delightful drinks but I can assure you that they were great!




Next stop we wandered to Bastille to check out a new bar that has popped up in the capital called Moonshiner. We were given instructions to head straight through the pizza restaurant and look for the giant fridge doors, walk through the fridge laden with fresh meat, and into the hidden bar at the back. We did as we were told and were treated to discovering a classic example of an old prohibition style bar, completely hidden from street view. It was amazing. The bar was decked out in 20's style art deco, the bar men wore flat caps and braces, and jazz wafted from the speakers. It felt like I had arrived in the 20's and was partying with Gatsby, and the fact that the place was hidden made it feel almost naughty just to be there. Again we had a few of the perfectly blended cocktails, each one we chose was better than the last.



Late into the night, well actually it was morning, we hopped back through the fridge time machine and back into Paris. I am going to miss this girl, she certainly has made my time in Paris an absolute blast and my only regret is that we didn't meet sooner! 


Mood - Hoping new friends become old friends


Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for all your messages, I really appreciate each and every one! B x